I'll be borrowing the setting-specific rules that I used in Terminator with a couple other tweaks for Stargate: SG-12. I'm going significantly more deadly and more detailed on military weapons rules this time around to reflect the Stargate Universe property.
I'll also be trying something experimental that Dave mentioned to me today. To increase the "story telling" qualities of the game and of the players, I'll offer the players the chance to narrate certain scenes themselves when especially bad or especially good things come up on the dice. The GM is still the GM, but I figure our players can handle narrating a scene or two within reason.
Inventory
All ammo and essential supplies will be accounted for. This is not a "heroes never run out of bullets" adventure.
Hit Points
10 base. Military personnel get 12 to reflect their superior physical conditioning.
Base Attributes
Characters will have Shooting and Fighting specifically determined on their sheet as a FLEX value (poor, mediocre, good, etc). This does not preclude the character from having other descriptors in the Who I Am/What I Can Do section that may alter these values situationally.
FLEX Points
Characters have a 4 base. Players that provide a bio prior to the first session will receive 1 additional point. This is more than usual. Remember to use 'em; the black of space is a dangerous place.
Weapon Damage
+6: Massive Weapons (Tank Cannon, Laser Cannon)
+5: Heavy Weapons (Machine Guns, Plasma Rifles)
+4: Shotguns, Assault Rifles, Sub Machine Guns
+3: Civilian Rifles, Large pistols
+2: Small Pistols, Swords
+1: Clubs, Knives
+0: Fists
Weapon Modifiers for Automatic Weapons:
Single Round: No change
3 Round Burst: +1 bonus, requires 3 rounds
Full Auto: +3 bonus, requires 10 rounds. Nearby friendlies take half damage unless a FLEX point is spent by shooter.
Armor:
Leather Jacket: +1 against physical
Flak Jacket: +2 against physical
Infantry Body Armor: +2 against physical, +1 against energy
Asgard Body Armor: +2 against physical, +2 against energy
FLEXing up:
Auto +2 or a reroll (take player's choice)
No comments:
Post a Comment